Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Slow push function on android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Freddy Larsen, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freddy Larsen

Can anybody tell me why the push function on the android 3cx app is much slower to push a call, than the IOS app.
    Running 3cx app on android v. 15.0.23 but early v 15 has same issue.
    Server is v.15 with latetst sp
    As it is for now, different models of android phones uses approx. 12 seconds to wake up and recieve a call.
    For the IOS the wake up time is under 3. sec.
    Is doesent get any faster if i am on company wifi or 3g/4g Time persist on 12 seconds to wake up with a call.

Is there any way i can improve the push function to wake up the android phone faster than 12 seconds ?

Best regards
    Freddy, Denmark

#1 Freddy Larsen, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. Phone systems NZ

are you on the default push settings that 3cx comes with when you load it up or have you changed it to your own google account push setup?
    Instructions recommend not leaving it on the default and when I swapped it to my own account it was faster then the default one.

3. Freddy Larsen

I've changed it to my own google account, but used the 3cx guide to creating it.
    How fast is your androids te recieve call when sleeping ? I think that 12 seconds is way to long time to wake up.
    iOs units wakes up in like 3 seconds.

maybe my google push settings are wrong, but i'm sure that i have followed the guide from 3 cx.

Best regard
    Freddy, Denmark

4. Phone systems NZ

with my own google push setup I get the call client popping up in about 2 seconds on my Galaxy S6. when it was the default 3CX setting it was 3 or 4 seconds.
    Have you lodged a ticket with 3CX about it as 12 seconds is to long.

5. Freddy Larsen

That speed sounds like our iOs devices, android is way slower..
    I will contact 3cx.

Thanks for your answer
    Best regards

6. Freddy Larsen

Hi again. Problem is solved. It was a different issue.
    On our router we had made portforward to all the ports 3cx needs. The 3cx firewall check did pass.
    But on our router we had to set NAT rules to the specific ports also. Did that, and now the app is awake after 1 second
    Thanks for the help anyway

/Freddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.