small business usage

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cashcom, May 9, 2007.

1. cashcom

i ran across your software last week and decided to test the free version in my office. i have since set it up on a windows 2003 standard edition server and have connected a Linksys SPA400 and 4 Aastra 480i CT SIP phones and 1 software PC phone. the whole setup took less than 6 hours from download to working flawlessly. :D

my question is this:

can i legally use your free edition for my business? i realize that i would only qualify for forum based support but i need to know 100% that this is an approved thing (I am extremely sticky when it comes to licensing). if so, what are the chances of being allowed to profit from setting up systems for others.

thanks for the awesome and simple phone system.

cashcom

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Free is exactly that, but fair is fair. If you use it for commercial purposes my take would be to buy the licensed copy, but I do not think there are any restrictions that you should or should not.

I asked 3cx about this aswell, if it is possible to have a price structure to have the "free" version but pay for some online or email support.

Get hold of sales or support, for sure they are happy to setup a partner program. I am not a partner so I do not know how that all works.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Cashcom,

Thanks for the nice feedback - glad it is working nicely.

The Free edition is completely free. You can even set it up for others and charge for the services (not for the software itself)

What we do appreciate is if you help us make 3CX Phone System more known by writing a blog entry or article on your website (if you have one) or postings to forums or newsgroups if and when relevant. Plus you might help other users on this forum too. This might be a source of customers for you too.

We're confident that we will get sufficient upgrades to the Small Business/Pro/Enterprise edition in time, because of the extra features we will provide. But many companies will be happy with the free edition and we are fine with that!

Thanks for your suggestion ITfarmer. For now though we are limiting the support packages to the commercial editions....