Small Office Setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rjohnstone, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjohnstone

If I have 3 voip lines and one traditional pots line how do I configure so that traditional pots line (main line) is always free and not busy when people call in? I use a grandstream 4 port gateway and 3cx 7. How do we configure this? Any help is appreciated.

thx

2. rjohnstone

The reason is that is main advertised phone number and we wan't it up if internet goes down. Is there an option to transfer the incoming lines over to a voip line? This must be a common issue with small businesses.

thx

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Yes you can easily configure this and it makes sense. You can setup the grandstream line to be inbound only, i.e it will not allow outbound calls to be placed on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 3CXdistuk

Hi rjohnstone. Can you not arrange for a call divert on busy service from the PSTN provider? This will divert a call on the POTS line, when busy, to any number of your choice, say a VoIP number. This would the come through to the 3CX IP PBX. BT in the UK can do this.

5. ess

ess New Member

ya, the only way I can think of to do this would involve talking to your pots provider. See if you can arrange a call divert (forwarding) on busy for a roll-over system for the incoming calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Stuck101

You could just setup a call forward with your PSTN line provider to forward all incoming calls on the PSTN line to one of your VOIP numbers. Your PSTN line would still be functional as a backup & if the VOIP line you chose to forward calls to allows for enough multiple calls, then this could perhaps take care of the line busy issue.

7. rjohnstone

Well we have the system setup with 3 voip lines and 1 pstn line. I called the provider and they want me to purchase additional pstn lines for incoming calls. We are looking at programming the main line to forward to voip line on busy. Outgoing calls are great just trying to figure out incoming and busy signal issues.

Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.