Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Small on-prem system? up^2, APU2C4 or NUC?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dandenson, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dandenson

dandenson New Member

Looking for some very small wall-mountable options for a 4 channel 3CX system advice.

The hardware specs start at 16 channels and an i3. Not sure what is actually needed to run a 4 channel PBX.

I've used a lot of the APU2C4 boards for freepbx systems and they work great. They are quad 1Ghz though. The UP boards are pretty similar but with Atom CPUs (until the more expensive units).

Are these acceptable CPU wise? Or do I need to get into an i3? And if so, any suggestions on a low-cost, wall mountable option?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

3. dandenson

dandenson New Member

great, thanks!

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

should I say that I have one of those and run a test system on it?
    So far stable but I dont have production workload. Only the null modem cable setup is a bit of work...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dandenson

dandenson New Member

one of what StefanW?

6. dandenson

dandenson New Member

The AMD GX-412HC ( in the APU) has a passmark score of 1497, the N3050 is only 882. Thats 4 core vs 2 core so there's a bit of a loss on single thread performance in that one benchmark but that suggests the APU is likely a better platform.

It's a super solid platform. I can run 20 concurrent g.711 calls on this with asterisk and 100 registrations with low system load.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.