• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

smart outbound rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

akourou

Reaction score
Hello,

I am testing the free version. with a Linksys spa3102 as a pstn gateway, and voipdiscount as a voip provider for free calls.
Everything works fine.
I wonder if it is possible to create a rule that says that any number starting with "00xx6" will go to the voip provider (where "xx" is any number)
Is it possible to do this?

thanx

I don't think you would be able to do this because of the 6 after the xx. If it was just "00xx" your number prefix would be 00 and use your VOIP provider as the route in the rule. But since xx is any number followed by a 6 you wouldn't be able to define that.

SWB said:
I don't think you would be able to do this because of the 6 after the xx. If it was just "00xx" your number prefix would be 00 and use your VOIP provider as the route in the rule. But since xx is any number followed by a 6 you wouldn't be able to define that.

is there any other way to do that?

I want all numbers begining with 00,
then have any two numbers,
the have a 6,
and then any number

to be dialed through the voip provider.

is it possible?

akourou said:
SWB said:

is there any other way to do that?

I want all numbers begining with 00,
then have any two numbers,
the have a 6,
and then any number

to be dialed through the voip provider.

is it possible?
I understand what you are trying to accomplish, and I think the best route would be to create a rule with a call to numbers starting with (Prefix) as 00 and select your VOIP provider as the route. That way when someone dials 00 first the rule will be activated, and it won't matter what they dial after the 00 (grant it will be xx6number, but the rule is looking for the 00). Of course you can't already have a rule which uses 00 as a prefix.

Make sense?

SWB said:
I understand what you are trying to accomplish, and I think the best route would be to create a rule with a call to numbers starting with (Prefix) as 00 and select your VOIP provider as the route. That way when someone dials 00 first the rule will be activated, and it won't matter what they dial after the 00 (grant it will be xx6number, but the rule is looking for the 00). Of course you can't already have a rule which uses 00 as a prefix.

Make sense?

that way I will not be able to dial for example 00436xxxxxx from the voip provider and 00432xxxx from the pstn line. both number will be dialed through the voip provider. I think the only way is to make about 50 rule for example 00 43 6, 00 39 6, 00 32 6, 00 49 6 and so on....

Ya I think then you will have to create individual rules, and I'd be curious to see how 3CX would handle 50+ rules. Good luck!

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here (cultural ignorance not a criticism) but it seems like you should post a feature request asking for regular expression support to be incorporated into the dial plans. This would surely solve your problem. Don't ask me what the expression would be because I'm utter crap when it comes to regular expressions, though I know what they're good for :)

Mick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amar2
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.