SMS Alert for Vicemail

Discussion in 'Windows' started by brad, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad

Hi,

We have our 3cx setup with a an after hours rule that routes to a digital receptionist, plays a message and then routes to an extensions voicemail. The voicemail's for this extension automatically get forwarded to an email.

What we would like is an SMS notification as well as the email notification that a voicemail has been left.

I've come across the Voice Application Designer. Does this come with the 3cx software or is it additional?
    I see i can get an add-in for the VAD, maybe this will work?

http://www.utahvoipstore.com/Products/130-vadtools-custom-component-for-the-3cx-voice-application-designer-send-a-text-message-from-your-ivr.aspx

Thanks
    Brad

2. 3CXNP

3CXNP Support Team
    3CX Support

Hi Brad,

the 3CX Voice Application Designer is additional, and can be purchased from a regional 3CX partner.

Best regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brad

Thanks for the reply but i found the download, just have to figure out how to add in an SMS component

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While it's not widely publicized, many mobile providers have an option to send a short email (mobilenumber@myprovider.com) to one of their mobiles as an SMS. You might want to ask your mobile provider if they offer this , it might save you some effort.

5. asmith3006

Lots of web based SMS gateways exist and you can send them an email from a "pre-approved" email address to send emails. Or if you're using the VAD you could make a web call to send an SMS.

We use a company called www.txtlocal.co.uk for our SMS sending, they've proven very reliable and their prices are good (I don't work for them, nor earn commission from any recommendation).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.