SMTP Configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by timfoster, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timfoster

I'm starting to get to grips with 3CX a little now. I'm gradually getting things working by trial and error. This evening I finally found the button to send the welcome email. It's on a small extended menu on the left of the extensions page, if anyone else is struggling to find it!

Now that I've found that, I still can't send the welcome email as I think the SMTP settings are configured wrong. Can somebody point me to where I set these? I saw them in the setup wizard, and set them there, but I think I set it wrong. Now I can't find the page to configure it anywhere!

Can anyone help?

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

probably simplest way is to create an e-mail in account in gmail and use the smtp settings for it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Settings: General: Mail Server

4. timfoster

Ian, Thank you. I don't know how I missed it there. It's in a fairly obvious place. I guess I just didn't read the tabs across the top!

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Strangely easier for me to look and post it than it is for "me" to find it when I need it.. go figure. :)

6. RGFEurope

Hi,

I checked for the Outlook.com SMTP settings (smtp.live.com) and am still shown an error message when attempting to send the "Welcome email"

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This "drop down" menu isn't always a "drop down"... Your screen resolution must be on the lower side of things and no real-estate to appear.
    We use socket labs at one location - but it appears their "FREE" offering is limited to 15 days now. We have never had an issue here.
    http://www.socketlabs.com/signup/

At our main location, we are on Office 365 and set up a SMTP Connector.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.