• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SMTP Error after Upgrade 15.0.62928.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKi

Reaction score
After upgrading I receive an error when testing the email configuration "
  • MailKit.ServiceNotAuthenticatedException: 5.7.0 Authentication required bei MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.ProcessMailFromResponse(MimeMessage message, MailboxAddress mailbox, SmtpResponse response) bei MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.MailFrom(MimeMessage message, MailboxAddress mailbox, SmtpExtension extensions, CancellationToken cancellationToken) bei MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Send(FormatOptions options, MimeMessage message, MailboxAddress sender, IList`1 recipients, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransferProgress progress) bei MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Send(FormatOptions options, MimeMessage message, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransferProgress progress) bei MailKit.MailTransport.Send(MimeMessage message, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransferProgress progress) bei GenericUtilsNet.Mail.Send(AlternateView calendarData) Response:
"
Changing the server system or user credentials does not help, also enabling or disabling SSL/TLS. Any ideas?

Hi JKi,

Could you please let us know what OS are you on? Also, what kind of mail account do you use? (google, own domain etc...)
On this link https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/gmail-mail-server/ you can find the steps to configure your Gmail account as the Mail Server for 3CX Phone System.

Hi GiannosC_3CX,

3CX is running on Windows 7 Pro. Before updateing we used an external provider (smtp.strato.com), after the update also tried this and then we tried a local server (MDaemon 16.5).
Using Gmail the error changed to: "Der angeforderte Name ist gültig, es wurden jedoch keine Daten des angeforderten Typs gefunden" and mails do also not arrive.

Hi JKi,

I have sent you a p.m.

Hi, same problem here.

before the update all worked fine.

Windows 10 Pro
smtp.strato.de
SSL/TLS enabled
tried port 587 and 465

on 587 we get this message:

2017/03/17 17:19:17.863|2888|0037|Excpt|MailKit.ServiceNotAuthenticatedException: 5.7.0 User not authenticated
at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.ProcessMailFromResponse(MimeMessage message, MailboxAddress mailbox, SmtpResponse response)
at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.MailFrom(MimeMessage message, MailboxAddress mailbox, SmtpExtension extensions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Send(FormatOptions options, MimeMessage message, MailboxAddress sender, IList`1 recipients, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransferProgress progress)
at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Send(FormatOptions options, MimeMessage message, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransferProgress progress)
at MailKit.MailTransport.Send(MimeMessage message, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransferProgress progress)
at GenericUtilsNet.MailTemplateSender.Send(XDocument template, Func`2 getParameter, String mailTo, IEnumerable`1 attachments)
at _3cxSystemService.MissedCalls.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<CHReceiver_NewMissedCall>b__0()

on 465 we get The operation was canceled

Hi GiannosC_3CX,

it works with gmail but still it's not working with strato and it worked with strato before the update to 15.0.62928.5.
Can we expect that it will work again with Strato?

Hi seca,

It is better to focus on strato side. Please check or try with strato forum for further help on configuring or to make sure that your mail settings work properly. 3CX mail server works with gmail smtp so please try to investigate your issue on the strato side.

Well i can try this but as i allready said it worked with strato without any problems till i updated the 3CX.
That looks like something changed at the 3CX and not on Strato side.

seca did you read my comment?

If I am not mistaken the config file that needs to be edited is a dll called Mailkit.dll.

thx i will take a look if that will help and give you a feedback

Generally, we try to keep our software as close to the RFCs as much as possible. If the option mentioned does indeed make your Mail Provider work, bear in mind that it will be because they are not following specifications.

And that's not me that's saying it, it's the people that created this library.

upload_2017-3-20_13-55-16.png

I agree, it is the provider that is not following the specs but.... Strato is one of the largest providers in Europe. Meaning many customers will be the victim of this and since switching providers is not always possible it might be an idea to include a config option in the smtp settings interface?

And if thats not an option, maybe someone here can make a new dll file and make it available for the community?

The developers of Mailkit added a fix for that in the Mailkit Lib. Maybe 3CX will update the library in the product and all will be fine.

Yes - basically mailkit is not compatible with Strato. (as big as it can be we did not test against it because we tested against the Really big ones), Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, Microsoft online, hotmail etc..)

What version if mail kit will contain the fix?
We will see
We will not update mailkit just for this. I want to collect more reasons to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.