Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SMTP Issues....

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by packetwire_59, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. packetwire_59

Hi All,
    I am fairly new to the whole 3CX game. I have setup a few smaller systems, with great success, however now I have run into a snag. Most of the clients I have been working with run their own internal SMTP servers, so specifying the mail setup was easy. My latest client though uses his ISP's mail server. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, however the local isp utilizes port 587 (rather than 25) for mail. I have tried several times to specify the port as per what is says in the setup, but to no avail (gives the error, cannot resolve host). Is this a known issue? and if so, is there some workaround to put into place to get this to work?

Thanks,
    Rick

2. dab

dab

For me it works if I specify the port by hostname.domain.tld:port
    Is the isp's SMTP available if try to resolve the name with nslookup from your 3cx server?
    Code:
    nslookup hostname.domain.tld
    Can you try a telnet connection from your 3cx server to the SMTP server?
    Code:
    telnet hostname.domain.tld 587
    Can you post logs?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. packetwire_59

I have tried to ping the hostname and received a response. I can also telnet to the ISP providers smtp on the right port and it works without issue. I am running the version 9 beta, is this maybe a bug in the code? What version are you running?

Rick

4. dab

dab

I'm running V8.0.10824.716, so it can be a bug. You can post it in the V9 forum, since i don't have a V9 installation by hand today, sorry ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. carolinainnovative

I can confirm this is an issue with my v9 Beta 2 install as well. Posted in v9 forum - see here:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/bug-smtp-server-specified-as-host-or-ip-port-fails-in-v9-15823.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.