Smtp Options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kingdom, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingdom

Has anyone tried any other solutions for voice mail to email other than Microsoft Exchange server or IIs. I have my system running on windows 7 without a true server and wondered if anyone has a solution. Even kevin himself logged into our system and tried to set us up with his gmail smtp server I think it was smtp.gmail.com. I am not for sure on that but I would love some feedback on this.

2. willow

willow Member

I have used comcast's smtp server, axigen email server and a host of others. all work quite well. Axigen is nice email server that works wonders.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

hmailserver

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kingdom

I appreciate the replies but I think fundamentally I don't understand the configuration. Can you advise on some of the details. Here is what I have so far.
    3cx on windows 7
    hmailserver
    Not sure about the domain thing we use homestead and godaddy for websites
    any advice!
    thanks

5. Jordack

Sending through a GroupWise server.

One thing to look at is your AntiVirus. Remove it while testing. Many Anti-virus programs prevent programs from using port 25.

6. dannybrook

hmailserver is good choice for a free/reliable smtp, but consider that you'll need your own domain so you can create an SPF record and also a reverse DNS from your ISP, otherwise your emails may not reach the recipients. Using a third party SMTP server eliminates the need to control your own DNS records, but it may cost you.

7. Pablooo

Hi guys,

Does anybody uses gmail as SMTP server? I need to configure 3CX voice mail with gmail for use my mail addresses...
    I uses W7 enterprise and I want to install 3CX Phone System Version 10 with Abyss server..

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Best regards,

Pablo!

8. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

It is possible to use gmail according to posts in the forum (search for it), but needs extra settings for TLS/SSL in your Windows OS below the 3CX server.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.