• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SMTP problems (fastmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukkacow

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to set SMTP for outgoing e-mail. My e-mail provider is fastmail.com.
I have tried every port they have in settings but noway to get it working (21,25,80,587,465,443).
I have found this post:
It's confirmed that for Google hosted PBX we can't use external smtp on these ports ?
Actually I'm using smtp2go.com (it works on port 2525) but I would like to change using my mail provider fastmail.com

I have also noticed that when i'm trying to save for example smtp.fastmail.com:587 3CX lose the port 587 and when I come back in the e-mail configuration menu I see only smtp.fastmail.com

Thanks for help ;-)

Hello @mukkacow

Please note that the port disappears because port 587 is the default ssl port of the PBX and you do not need to specify it. That's why it disappears when clicking ok. Regarding other ports please have a look at the end of the following guide where ports that are not allowed by google are specified. https://www.3cx.com/docs/hosted-pbx-google-cloud/

Hope this is useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.