In Consideration SNMP Monitoring - IN CONSIDERATION

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ycamargo@xmartek.com, Dec 15, 2015.

In Consideration SNMP Monitoring - IN CONSIDERATION 5 5 121votes
5/5, 121 votes

1. ycamargo@xmartek.com

It would be nice if you implement SNMP Monitoring. This will allow to monitor things like:
    -Active Calls:
    -Between Extensions
    -Between Bridges
    -PSTN Calls
    -Incoming Calls
    -Outgoing Calls
    -Online Extensions
    -Offline Extensions
    -CPU usage per 3CX Process
    -Memory usage per 3CX Process
    -Logging attempts.
    -3CX Service Status

And so on.

Thanks in advance.

2. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Re: SNMP Monitoring

absolutely.

piggy back on previous

http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-wmi-and-or-snmp-monitoring-42029.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AlexHeylin

I don't care if it's SNMP, PerfMon, or WMI - but some sort of monitoring that reliably (and out of the box) allows status checking & data collection of various counters would be great. We need to be able to monitor the status of bridges & trunks, and being able to collect data on number of simultaneous calls would be a great way to demonstrate to customers that they need to upgrade their license which makes both us and 3CX more money. 3CX is a great system, but it's not the most reliable I've ever worked on and we need to be able to keep an eye on it properly.

Reading the event logs will NOT provide what we need which is STATUS monitoring, not event logging. We want to see the status right this second, not what got logged to the event log a few mins ago.

4. gordonc

Vote for this from me too.

Right now we'd love to be able to monitor concurrent calls, which is vital in trying to capacity plan SIP channels.

Waiting until people start complaining about not getting lines isn't an option and even then, it's very difficult to ascertain the extent of that. A lot of people will just hang up and try later (for outbound) and for inbound, might just call another supplier.

gordon

HH60 likes this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Monitoring of 3CX SBC and connection. We still have issues with the SBC disconnecting and then not reconnecting even after the last patch.

Also remote extension registration. We have sites where phones stop registering and need attention.

phintec likes this.
  6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi - We have a number of these counters already but we are working to including many more in the next version. We will keep track of those counters and also send email alerts... Its not SNMP based but built in to 3CX for now.... I can see SNMP would be good but as a first start we are using email and logs as its easier for those not familiar with SNMP....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SNMP is important not for the end customer but for Managed Service providers that already have management software installed at customer sites.

Printer, routers, switches are already managed and have alerts rolled up in software like Spiceworks, N-Able, Labtech, It would be nice to be able to roll in alerts and data from 3CX as well.

ALuisPV likes this.
  8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Yes it makes sense. Problem is time but its something which will definitely be considered - a way to have alerts posted to SNMP in addition to Email and logs...

9. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

Currently, email is not very useful for cloud pbx administration because the emails do not tell us where the event took place. The best implementation would be to allow us to enter a description in the PBX info and then include that data in the emails. If you don't want to add a field, then at least use the license information for Company and we can improvise.

10. jonot

1+

That would be great - then we can use it to target upselling of both more SIP Trunks and also upsell upgrade to the version of 3CX, and this is not just about showing when max concurrent calls was exceeded, we want to see how often people are getting close and upsell before they run out!

BobMinteer likes this.
  11. stillus

BobMinteer likes this.
  12. ckatterl

I am voting for SNMP too
    It would be easy to write some sort of Check_MK or Nagios plugin....

Gavin Hill and BobMinteer like this.
  13. BobMinteer

Me too. I'm a big fan of SNMP on my network. I was a little bummed that the Yealink peeps killed it from their newer firmware (on the IP phones), but would certainly like to have some phone system metrics to monitor in my Cacti NMS.

Gavin Hill and jscherb like this.
  14. ckatterl

At least with installation on Linux, there's no real possibility of proactive monitoring as far as i know...

15. stillus

just only uptime stats eth and other value system
    but not snmp call etc..

16. jscherb

1. I'm just throwing my hat in the ring as somebody who would love SNMP monitoring as well. It would be great to get a PRTG alert if we have any issues, and also to look at historical trends.

phintec, BobMinteer and LogitComputer like this.
  17. WolfgangOne

This or WMI or really any way to add our 3CX status to our NOC board would be fantastic.

BobMinteer and jscherb like this.
  18. iptechnology

Email warnings are good for a end user. We need some massive check allert, like SNMP. We need integrate theme in our monitor systems.
    Thanks
    Alessandro Coelli
    IP Technology srl
    www.iptechnology.it

19. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I have a partial (Free) solution. Take a look at our 3CX Call Counter. It will monitor current and historical call patterns so you can watch as your volume grows over time. It's also great for monitoring seasonal peaks. V15 will show you the current utilization, but it doesn't give you historical trends, and it only emails you when you have exceeded your license. We email when your call volume reaches the threshold you set. Best of all... it's free. www.VoIPTools.com

Further, prior to 3CX releasing their High Availability solution, we did some preliminary work on monitoring the status of a 3CX server for our HA solution. Our prototype monitors the services status, system extensions status, as well as periodically makes internal and external calls to ensure the PBX is functioning properly. We discussed having an external cloud service periodically make inbound calls to ensure that was working too. While we currently use email as the notification method, we could certainly provide other options for notification.

3CX Call counter is free to download today. But we would have to look at what interest there is in making our monitoring service available as a commercial product, and what aspects of 3CX you would like to monitor. Tell me what you want, and we can look at it.

Matthew

Silly English Kniggit likes this.
  20. BobMinteer

Matthew,

If you review this thread, you can see what we are looking for.

Implementing an SNMP extension agent (as a DLL) to support a bunch of relevant OIDs like those referenced previously at the Vodia Wiki ( http://wiki.vodia.com/index.php?title=SNMP_Ports ).

Using the data from OIDs like those could enable guys like me in a small "in house" IT shop to set up alerts and manage things proactively when issues arise as a part of our existing NMS (Cacti).

I think you could make a few bucks off of a plugin like that.

regards...

Bob Minteer
    Chief Systems Architect
    Cooper Installation Services
    TheSmartPCGuy@cooperinstallations.com