Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SNOM 300 keyevent provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carlosgallupa, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlosgallupa

Hi,

Does anybody know how to "program" the template for a snom 300 so it will keep it's keyevent keys?? The 4 keys have redial, directory, transfer and mute as keyevent actions. The problem is, that if you update the phone with the template from 3CX that those keyevents are replaced by "none" actions.

I can't find any docs on how to make sure that the provisioning template will leave those keys alone....

2. Discovery Technology

Hi Carlos,

The default 3CX template shouldn't be re-writing these settings on your handset, so you could try resetting the phone back to defaults and re-provisioning.

If this doesn't work, try adding the following lines after the <phone-settings e="2"> tag:

<dkey_transfer perm="">keyevent F_TRANSFER</dkey_transfer>
    <dkey_hold perm="">keyevent F_R</dkey_hold>
    <dkey_dnd perm="">keyevent F_DND</dkey_dnd>
    <dkey_retrieve perm="">keyevent F_RETRIEVE</dkey_retrieve>
    <dkey_redial perm="">keyevent F_REDIAL</dkey_redial>
    <dkey_directory perm="">keyevent F_ADR_BOOK</dkey_directory>

Unless your template is re-writing these settings somewhere towards the end, these should help you out.

I didn't realise that you could change the functionality of the mute button otherwise...

What firmware version are you running? That might be something else to check as Snom have released a couple of buggy versions also - the latest in either V7 or V8 aren't too bad though.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Brendan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. patman0815

Hi,

i have similar problems with my Snom 300 phones (4 pcs). My phones are on firmware 7.3.30.
    I upgraded 1 phone for testing to firmware 8.4.18. Same problem.
    3cx overwrites my Key settings.
    I tried to fill in the lines in the Snom provisioning template. ... the same.
    Does anybody know a workaround? Its no problem for me to configure the phones manually, but
    i want to send out the company phonebook from time to time.

thx
    Patrick

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. carlosgallupa

It does do this every time you upgrade the 3cx. It's to say the least extremely annoying!! Where can we vind the correct template to keep these keyevents with provisioning.

It has been the third time now that I have to change this, and again I can't find the correct information.

5. exmoskl

Has there been any progress on this issue? We have the same issue with Snom 300's, losing the keyevent programming isn't an option for us yet we want to use 3cx features such as company phonebook.

6. sycomites

Hi, we too have this issue with Snom 300's when auto provisioning.
    Brand new install latest 3cx software and updates.

Has anyone got a template avail that allows these specific keys to be retained?

Thanks a mill
    Si

7. storey34

Thanks Brendan for the pointer on the keyevents, this is what i did to modify the Provisioning code for snom, that seems to have fixed the problem Its under the BLF settings -could not sort the mute one out though:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<functionkeys e="2">

<fkey idx="0" context="active" perm="">line</fkey>
    <fkey idx="1" context="active" perm="">line</fkey>

{IF blf1}
    <fkey idx="2" context="active" label="%%blffirstname1%% %%blflastname1%%" perm="">%%value%% &lt;sip:%%blf1%%@%%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%%%userphone%%&gt;</fkey>
    {ELSE}
    <fkey idx="2" context="active" perm="">keyevent F_REDIAL</fkey>
    {ENDIF}

{IF blf2}
    <fkey idx="3" context="active" label="%%blffirstname2%% %%blflastname2%%" perm="">%%value%% &lt;sip:%%blf2%%@%%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%%%userphone%%&gt;</fkey>
    {ELSE}
    <fkey idx="3" context="active" perm="">keyevent F_ADR_BOOK</fkey>
    {ENDIF}

{IF blf3}
    <fkey idx="4" context="active" label="%%blffirstname3%% %%blflastname3%%" perm="">%%value%% &lt;sip:%%blf3%%@%%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%%%userphone%%&gt;</fkey>
    {ELSE}
    <fkey idx="4" context="active" perm="">keyevent F_TRANSFER</fkey>
    {ENDIF}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.