• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Snom 300 Phone & Hold Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsuperstore

Reaction score
I have 4 Snom 300 phones and everything on 3CX is working fine. When I make a call and press "L1" the phone says "Calls On Hold : 1" but the person on hold just get silence.

Strange but when I came in this morning, it's working!

Its a shame that you cant automate the hold music file. I overwrote the file with different music and unless you go in to the management console and manually update then the music stays the same. Looks like it's uploaded somewhere when you submit it.

mattlandis said:
Hello,

It looks like 3cx is going to allow connecting to music using "MMS://...." as music source instead of just a file.

Matt

Matt,

Please don't interpret my answer :) ("3CX vs. Trixbox" thread)
We are supporting ALL DirectShow streams supported by "default renderer of Windows", you may try it. There is only one problem - side effect of DS filter implementation (time required to open stream).

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.