• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Snom 300 Provisioning File

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbongard

Reaction score
I have an interesting one...maybe a bug?

I recently installed a new/fresh install of v11 at one of our offices. I upgraded the Snom 300 phones to the latest firmware (actually automated that through 3CX!), and the phones had ZERO problems with calls.

We have a 3CX installation that has been around since version 10. It had already been upgraded to version 11 sp1, but I went to apply service pack 2 and upgrade the SNOM phones to the latest firmware...the phones had ZERO audio.

The culprit was the way 3CX was creating the "codec list" setting in the provisioning files.

On the FRESH v11 SP2 install, 3CX created the codec list with the codec names (Ex: G711,G729, etc).
On the older/upgraded V11 SP2 install, 3CX created the codec list with numbers (Ex: 0, 4, 6, 8, etc).

The provisioning templates are identical on both systems, the phones are identical, the 3CX versions are identical, the phone firmware levels are identical...why are the provisioning files being created differently?

since SP2 you need to use snom firmware 8.7.3.19 (now) and the latest template (you can get it from the online update).
Also see this: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/snom-issue-firmware-8-7/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristianNetron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.