Snom 300 unregisters

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ric Turner, Feb 19, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ric Turner

Hi, within the the last 2 weeks lots of our Snom 300 handsets keep unregistering themselves. A reboot seems to re-register them but then the next day they are unregistered. It does not seem to be all the Snom300's - about 12 out of 33. The 3CX System is v 15.5.3849.1 and the handsets are all running firmware 8.7.5.48. Any ideas why this might suddenly start happening in the last 2 weeks? There have been no updates applied in the last few months. Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Ric Turner

Are the phones local to the system or remote? If local, are they in the same subnet? If remote how are the phones provisioned? Are you using STUN, SBC or a VPN? Are all the phone at the same location? Any details regarding the configuration could help us to better troubleshoot the issue.

Ric Turner likes this.
  3. Ric Turner

Hi, they are all local, on the same site, on the same subnet. Up until a couple of weeks ago they were fine. I've not applied any updates to the system, nor have I made any changes to the network.
    I inherited this system so I do not know if it is using STUN, SBC or VPN - how would I check that?
    Thanks

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If the phoned are local then they should be provisioned as local. You can check the provisioning method by editing an extension and navigating to "Phone Provisioning" tab. Make sure that the info you see under the phones is correct. Provisioning method, local IP etc. Also make sure that the phones are using the default 3CX templates as well as the supported firmware for the phones. If there is any antivirus software on the server remove it and restart the server and disable the windows firewall if enabled.

Ric Turner likes this.
  5. Ric Turner

Yes the phones are set to Local LAN for their provisioning method. They are all running v8.7.5.48 firmware. This is the same as all the other Snom300 handsets that seem to be ok. I don't believe it is an AntiVirus problem, as mentioned, there are 20+ other handsets that are not experiencing this problem.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

When you reboot the phones do they registered for the whole day? Is the occurring to the same 12 phones each time?

Ric Turner likes this.
  7. Ric Turner

Yes they stay registered for a day and yes, it's the same phones!

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Select a phone that has the issue from the phones tab of the management console and click on the Reprovision button. Does the phone reprovision correctly? Is it registered after the reprovision?

9. Ric Turner

They do not appear in the Phones section if they are unregistered. They only appear in there after a reboot and they have re-registered. I have just reprovisioned 2 handsets after a reboot to see what happens.

10. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Sorry for the confusion, i meant re-provision an affected phone that is currently registered. I want to see if the phone will re-register after a re-provision.

11. Ric Turner

upload_2018-2-21_9-51-39.png
    Without rebooting an unregistered phone I've tried:
    - From the Phones tab, selecting the MAC address of a 'New' phone and Assign extension (to an existing extension). Just re-assigns with a red dot.
    - Deleting the extension from the Extension tab. Then from the Phones tab re-adding the phone with Add Extension. It still appears as a red dot in the Extensions tab after that.

If I reboot the phone then it picks up the same extension as it originally had but then unregisters again the next day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.