Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Snom 320 Auto-Provisioning assistance

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

After successfully installing a Patton ISDN BRI Gateway. I struggled with auto-provisioning the IP Phones after following the guidelines with making reservations on the DHCP Server with option 66.

The phones are SNOM 320. I have the reservations, with MAC address all in lower case, boot options 'both' and using the URL:

http://[IP ADDRESS OF 3CX]/management/provisioning

The SNOMs boot up, obtain their allocated IP Address fine and show both IP Address and MAC, then it says SNOM 320 6.5.x, and then it finally says 'check update' or something to that effect. This is the point I assume it's downloading the config file from the 3CX. But it just goes to Set Language - and I basically have to manually go through provisioning the phone.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong. The phones are literally fresh out the box and i have factory reset them several times. Provisioning via the web-interface for the phone or individually on the handsets work fine, but auto-provisioning is a key feature i want to exploit as we think about deployment to clients networks.

Thanks for any advice and guidance on this matter.

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Discovery Technology

Have you tried this with "cfg{mac}" at the end?

ie:

http://[IP ADDRESS OF 3CX]/management/provisioning/cfg{mac}

This works fine when it is manually set on the SNOM phones in V7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Thanks for that, I will give that a try as soon as I'm back in the office. Hopefully it's something that simple :oops:
    Lewis

4. ndl

ndl

This page talks about how to set the 320 up for provisioning
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/Snom-provisioning.html

I followed this and then http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/snom.html

and now auto provisioning works just fine for our 320's

5. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Hi NDL, thanks for that, I had read through that when I configured the phones manually via the web-interface - but I can see there the references to /cfg{mac}

I will test this evening, given that it's working for you I am confident that will do the trick. Thanks for the help.

Lewis

6. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

When I turn the phone on, it obtains it's correct IP Address as I had specified in the DHCP Reservation option 66. It matches the MAC and then says 'check update', then it goes to SNOM 320 6.1.16 and then it prompts me to set the Language. If I click on 'x' to get out of that, the DN is registered. However I am unable to make calls. So maybe my auto-provisioning template is wrong ? any ideas or pointers ?

7. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Thank you all, I have resolved the auto-provisioning via the .../cfg{mac}

What I have discovered though is that the Tone Scheme in the config file sets itself to GER, I have to manually edit the provisioning file for the respective MAC address and change it to GBR - and add a $ inplace of an ! mark so it writes to the set.

Is there anything I can configure in the 3CX so the config files for the respective phones have GBR specified. How are the config files generated for each locale ? automatically or at installation time.

Lewis

8. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Ignore that post - I found the source XML template for the phone. I'll amend there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.