Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Snom 320 BLF

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by robjbrad, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robjbrad

Hi,

Is anyone else using BLF in v5 with Snom handsets? It appears to work intermittently with no change in configuration, has anyone else found this? I've tried a few versions of the firmware.

Thanks,

Rob

2. kustura

I use SNOM 360 phones with v5 and have found that DND feature on the phone causes 3CX to bounce the call back to the caller instead of forwarding as programmed for "Busy" status in 3CX. When the extension is actually busy on a live call, 3CX DR forwards the incoming call correctly to VM or whatever is programmed in 3CX extension settings. 3CX has acknowledged that the DND status for SNOM 360 phones does not work correctly and have promissed to fix it in the next update.

3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Linksys phones do the same thing but I have yet to get a straight answer on this from 3CX support. I hope this is fixed soon....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

We have also seen this with Snom 320 phones. BLF has an erratic behaviour, sometimes it will correctly show an extension as busy when it is, other times it does not light up when they are on a call. Also it will light up when they are not on a call?. As yet we cannot see any logic to this behaviour and so are not able to trust BLF at all.
    Has anyone successfully used BLF with Snom phones in a live environment and not just a quick test?

It would be good if we could get to the bottom of this as it is often a requirement for our customers and at the moment we have to say its not fully supported.

Cheers

Neil

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We have tested BLF on SNOM, firmware version 6.5.15 and have not been able to reproduce any problems with BLF with version 5.1. I suggest to wait for version 5.1 and then send captures if the problem persists.

Rob, in regards to Linksys - i posted about this a while back. Linksys does not have a standard BLF implementation and therefore BLF on Linksys is currently not supported. However it is something we will try to address with a custom behavior for Linksys at some point .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jantoney

Rob, also an addition to Nicks post about linksys...

Please see my post re this subject...

http://www.3cx.com/forums/line-status-3502.html
    I have emailed them again re this subject and they say that its not too far...
    I will post a message on the board once the firmware has been release and we will open the firmware up for testing before rolling out to clients...

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Jay,

Great stuff! This feedback is much appreciated. As soon as Linksys have a beta, please let us know and we will do interop testing to ensure it works well.

8. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Sorry to come back to this, but we are still seeing reliability issues with BLF on the Snom phones Firmware 6.5.17 and 7.1.30.
    The BLF indicators are almost correct most of the time but will show extensions on a call when they are not and not when they are. Others are correctly shown.
    Basically it does not tally up with the VoIP Client.
    We have tried manual configuration of the phone and auto provisioning including the BLF provisioning and the reliability remains the same.

Can someone please explain the process for BLF status, how does 3CX alert the phone of a change. Is it a UDP packet that is sent to each extension or a broadcast packet? Can we do any packet capture to further debug why this is not working correctly?
    We have 6 people in an open plan office so its easy to tell when the status is incorrect, are other people also seeing this or is it just us?
    Thanks
    Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.