Snom 320 - Date and time won't set

Discussion in 'Windows' started by h2009, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi there,
    I'm having some issues with a Snom 320. Basically the time and date will not set on the phone no matter what I try and do. I've tried different NTP servers, direct configuration of the NTP (rather than provisioned by the PBX) but nothing seems to work.

All the other phones on the network have the time and date set without any other problem.

This Snom is running the latest firmware.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the other phones are working correctly, and this set is working otherwise, then I would have to assume that...
    A. the set is hardware/firmware faulty, or
    B. a setting (DNS server/network?) is incorrect and the set is unable to get outside the LAN.

3. h2009

h2009 Member

Thank you for your reply, I think it must faulty hardware because all the settings are correct and I cant see anything in the phones log thats having any issue.

:( new phone here I come

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried provisioning the phone with another sets profile?

5. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi Lee,
    Yes I've tried different profiles/templates (including custom made ones)/ firmware flashes/resets - you name it I've tried it.

The thing is its getting all the settings correctly, but its just not applying the correct time and date. But I've also heard the user of that handset complain saying there calls get disconnected randomly - but in the past I've always put it down to the remote end being an issues as it seems random

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How about re-loading the existing firmware (or even the previous version). If that makes no difference, then I'd give up on it.

7. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi Lee,
    I've already tried that - I upgraded, then downgraded and re-upgraded but nothing at all. I've just bought another Astraa handset now, so I guess thats the best thing to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.