Snom 320 - Long delay before call established

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AndyMills, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyMills

HI

I'm new to 3Cx and VoiP generally, but hopefully this is a simple question.

I have set up a 3cx server (v7) and provisioned Snom 320 using the auto provisioning feature.

The problem that i have is that if I call ext 101 from ext 100 (or indeed any other extension) it take about 15-20 seconds for the call to be established.

If I go into the web interface of the Snom phones there is a setting in the 'Advanced Features' that has 'Auto Dial after' - if i set this to 2 seconds the delay before a call established is reduced.

I'm sure this should be a simple problem to resolve -

Does anybody have any ideas please?

Many thanks

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Hi Andy

Can you make a test call using the 3CX VOIP client to make sure it is specific to the phones and not the 3CX system?
    If you are using the Auto provisioning you must have the paid version in which case you can also lodge a support ticket directly with 3CX.

John

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Hi Andy

On a Snom 300 i have here the Autodial feature is turned off.
    If you type the extension number into the phone and then press the "Tick" button to dial the number does it dial straight away?
    AFAIK this is how you normally make calls - key in the number and then press the "Dial" button.

John

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Hi Andy,

I have the exact same setup as you (3CX 7 + SNOM 320 (v6 Firmware), but I have not noticed any problems calling internally, certainly no lag or delay and I too auto-provisioned the sets.

I did come across an issue when calling externally there was delay, but this turned out to be additional ports on my ISDN Gateway I had not plugged in, since I have a 4 port gateway, but only a single ISDN - but the 3CX registers all ports and assumes they're available channels - and goes through each one in turn before it can call. Removing the ticks on the ISDN Ports to send or receive calls solved that for me. For internal delays - not too sure - could be config on SNOM but given we've probably used the same provisioning template I suspect it must be a local network issue at a guess. Hope that helps in some way :oops:

Lewis

5. AndyMills

HI John and Lewis,

Thanks for your responses.

I am using a paid for V7 license and the delay is after dialling the extension (101) and pressing the tick button.

I am going inot the Office on Sunday, so i'll try the softphone then.

I post my findings then

Thanks

Andy

6. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Might be an idea if possible to have the SNOMs and 3CX server plugged into a spare switch isolated from your network. Sounds like the SIP signalling packets are being delayed somewhere. Interestingly enough, when you press the 'tick' to initiate the call, does the Server Activity log register the call being made at that exact time ? I would copy and paste the Activity log during your test session as that may give some indication of the problem - good idea to test with soft-phones as well. Good luck, be interested to know what you find on this.

Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.