SNOM 320 Phones de-register themselves

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I have a 8 Port Netgear POE Switch in the office, of which I have my 3 SNOM 320 phones plugged into. They register fine with the 3CX server. However I have noticed throughout the course of the day they have deregistered themselves and I have to reboot them for them to re-register with the 3CX server.

The 8 Port Switch is daisy-chained from our main office switch just for the whole picture.

Has anyone experienced this before ? or can make some sense of this.

Thanks for any assistance on this - I would be nervous at this stage deploying if this was a problem since this would be a show stopper.

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I think i've solved it, I've removed the netgear switch and just patched them straight through to the Cisco switch. All part of testing, but interesting lesson to learn nonetheless - quite why it was doing that behaviour is strange, but I suspect with the Cisco switch you have to manually configure the ports as to what device is plugging into it - so suspect it was blocking some signalling.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

hi!
    Could be that this particular Netgear was dropping some packets yes - I've seen this happen on some devices too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.