SNom 360 with super basic screen layout

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SFX Group, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFX Group

Hi

I am playing with the free software at the moment (deciding weather to dump the Cisco UC320w box), i have a Snom 360 provisioned as an extension, however the screen is really basic (compared to Snom ONE which itself isnt a patch on Cisco UC boxes).

I have the below on the screen

30.7 23:05
    3CX

I have 4 soft buttons, one is "reg" (not needed), caller list, directory and CFwd....

Thats it, no name, no extension, no DND button, no icon to say it can see the server, what am i missing here? Ive looked all over the server to find somewhere to get more information on the screen and cant see anything.

This was provisioned from the server (not automatic, had to put the URL in to the phone, then it saw the server and loaded this screen).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I do not know if the phone was previously used on your Cisco system, but what I suggest is that a factory reset of the phone is likely in order. When provisioning, it is not likely that every single aspect/feature that the phone has will be addressed as some features may not have any pertinence to the system to which the phone will be attached. You should also check to ensure that the firmware loaded is either 3CX compatible or failing that, the latest version that supports SIP.

Most of the soft buttons (your buttons that relate to what is displayed) are "context" sensitive and usually set using the phone's web interface rather than the provisioning. The context portion comes into play given the state of the phone at the time. I.E. there is no sense in showing a hold, transfer and some other functions in the soft key settings unless a call is actually in progress as there is nothing to put on hold or transfer.

I am uncertain if the SNOMs support the plug and play - auto discovery feature. You may have to do some initial manual provisioning so that the phone will know what IP the SIP server is, the port, its assigned extension and associated password and the provisioning path. It might support the feature but as I have not used SNOM I am not familiar with their capabilities. Once you have the extension registered and the provision path spelled out, you can then use the provisioning feature of 3CX to set some of the DSS or BLF keys that might be available. 3CX will display a green indicator on the extension status screen if the phone is successfully registered to the system. You can also do a Blog search for how to manually provision SNOM and others should the occasion arise.

3. SFX Group

Hi

Thanks for the response, reading the site (to confirm), Snom 360 needs to be firmware v8.7.3.15, phone has 8.7.3.19 (latest). A full factory reset was completed.

Pasted the provisioning link in (which works)
    Code:
    http://x.x.x.x:5000/provisioning/cfg{mac}
    , this updated the phone, however it looks identical, theres no name or extenstion on here, this cant be right (can it?)

I know its provisioned as i can press "retrieve" and it gets the voicemail box (99), picture enclosed of how the phone looks.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lneblett

Well -

It does indeed look as if the provisioning occurred as the 3CX logo is now on the phone and that is what 3CX loads as default from the provisioning files when the phone supports any kind of a graphical display. If you look at the extension status using the 3CX console you should see the extension as registered (green indicator) and you should be able to make and take calls as a result assuming the rules are in place. If you go to the phones page, you should also see the phone model, firmware version, IP and associated extension listed.

I wish I had a SNOM phone to help more so, but I will proffer some ideas:

On some of my Yealinks, the logo is also downloaded just as it shows on your phone, but the image toggles back and forth every few seconds to show the underlying phone attributes (name, time, extension, etc.). On other model Yealinks (the higher end), the logo is displayed all the time as the screen real-estate is large enough to support it and the simultaneous showing of the phone attributes.

You can one of two things -

Edit the SNOM template that is used in the provisioning process to eliminate the logo download or go into the phone's web interface and find the settings that allow for same and set these to your desires. However should you do the latter, the issue may crop up again if you ever do a provisioning from 3CX as the templates will remain unchanged and may overwrite your manual settings.

5. SFX Group

Hi

Yes, the phone shows up in 3CX no problems, i can get to voice mail (no outside lines yet as testing the system).

I am going to look at the provisioning template as this will be more robust, however this webpage "http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/phone-provisioning-templates/ says to go to System Settings > Phone Provisioning then in the combo box, i dont see that, i have the image below....

Attached Files:

• pp.JPG
      pp.JPG
      File size:
      80.1 KB
      Views:
  6. SFX Group

no one has any idea about this?

7. lneblett

I am not sure of the question.

if you are trying to edit the template, you must be logged into the system using the system management console. I am guessing you are using the web console.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.