Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

snom 710's reprovision with manual ip address

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jaquilina, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaquilina

I have managed to reset the phones, but am giving them a static ip address manually. This is on an ozone sip. I have a network card which is on a private ip address with routes set to the outside.

Now What do i specify as the gateway for the phones as the phones are asking me for dns as well. Also how do i reprovision the operator extension as well?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Normally, the machine is not the direct interface to the internet (Public IP). How is the machine physically connected to the internet? Is there only 1 NIC card and Is it coming directly from the ISP or possibly via a 1 to 1 NAT?

What did you specify as an internal IP on 3CX or what does it point to and if pinged what return do you get? How are other devices in your network accessing the internet?

The system has some settings in the advanced parameters that were used to validate that the system was assigned a private IP according to the RFC. I believe this was to aid in the set-up of various aspects of the system and its associated header generation to the internal phones.

Assuming that you can get around whatever obstacles that arise with the system setup and operation, and that the system is working (meaning all system extensions and services, then you could use a private IP on the phones and use the same settings, other than the unique IP that each is assigned, as on your internal computers. The big issue is that all the traffic between the phones and provisioning, etc. will have to go out and then back in to hit the only available IP that sits with 3CX. The phones will be set as though they are external/remote phones.

I do not know if this is a supported configuration (have doubts) or really possible as I have never tried. I assume that there must be some firewall issue that is interfering with a conventional/normal set-up. If so, then perhaps posting that issue may result in some suggestions on how to resolve or at the very least putting the system into a DMZ might be an alternative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.