• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Snom 715

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmcda

Reaction score
Any hints on getting a snom 715 template set up? It shouldn't be much different from snom 710, but when I use that template the phone stays at unprovisioned. I noticed in the snom log that it skips some parameters due to being "likely an old version." So I guess there are some parameters that need to be updated. I'm having trouble finding which ones.

I'm wondering the same thing, I've got a snom 715 that we're trying out. I haven't been able to provision the snom 715 and thought I would mention that gmcda isn't the only one with this issue.

Is the snom 715 supported? The snom 700 series is listed in the preferred phones list: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/, but it only lists 710, 720, and 760. Snom says "3CX Phone System is fully compatible with the snom 320, 360, 370, 7xx, and 8xx desktop phone series" http://www.snom.com/it/partners/trova-il-rivenditore-piu-vicino/interoperability-partners/advanced-interoperability-partners/3cx/. However, from the main page of their website http://www.snom.com/en/nc/ there is a link to "NEW: Snom 715". Maybe the page about being compatible with the 7xx phones was written before the 715 was released? I looked for a date that the snom 715 was released on snom.com and on the wiki (http://wiki.snom.com/Main_Page) but couldn't find anything.

I'm in the process of evaluating both a snom 715 and a snom 720. From the 3CX console, the 720 appears in the list of phones, but the 715 does not.

If the 715 isn't supported but is easy to provision by adapting the 710 template that might be an ok solution, but if not it would be good to know and we'll buy different phones (maybe the 720).

Any suggestions from someone who has attempted to set up a snom 715 with 3CX would be a great help! :)

I'll just add my vote here for 715 support. Our 715 Just arrived...I didn't notice the gap in the supported phones between 710 and 720 :O so far my edited 710 template is not doing the business. Has anyone got a template working? Thanks

Much to own suprise ... Ihave it working! I even managed to get it to do a firmware update as a part of the provisioning.

Hi there,

Nice work! Did you have to make many changes to the 710 template? Is it possible for you to provide either your updated template or a list of the changes that you had to make?

Cheers,
Alex

No I did not change much in the end. I made sure the template had unique IDs and referenced 715. I fixed the BLF count and obtained the latest firmware and put this in the same folder as the 710 package. I copied and fixed the firmware descriptor xml files in the same folder as for the 710 to be for 715. I'm not sure if this is exactly how its supposed to be done, but my phone reloaded its firmware and seems to have deployed correctly.

cabc said:
No I did not change much in the end. I made sure the template had unique IDs and referenced 715. I fixed the BLF count and obtained the latest firmware and put this in the same folder as the 710 package. I copied and fixed the firmware descriptor xml files in the same folder as for the 710 to be for 715. I'm not sure if this is exactly how its supposed to be done, but my phone reloaded its firmware and seems to have deployed correctly.

Hi - we are a bit new to 3CX and are about to roll out 12 users on Snom 715s. Priced and agreed and the supplier tells us they are not compatible. Can you help with specifics of what you did here? Very must appreciated.

BTW - our test handset works fine, but I provisioned it manually, plus I updated the firmware that may or may not be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.