Snom 760 Firmware 8.9.3.57 Rebooting loop

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by computatech, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computatech

I have recently updated to the latest 3cx PBX version 15 with SP5 and all the updates, I have Snom 760 and Yealink 41/42 handsets, yealink phones work fine. I have noticed an issue with firmware version snom760 8.9.3.57 it keeps rebooting the handset every few minutes for no reason i have the same result on all the snom 760 handsets i have tested this on. I have spoken 3cx support whom are telling me to contact snom with syslogs etc however i only have this rebooting issue with firmware of 8.9.3.57 on snom 760 handsets.

Anyone else with Snom 760 and 8.9.3.57 firmware working fine for them???

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi computatech,

Do you have voice vlan in your network?
    If you are using voice vlan, please make sure your switch does not flood lldp-med packets in your network. By default, all LLDP-MED TLVs are enabled on most switches, please try to disable it on your switch. Do you set up you IP Phones with static IP address?
    Please keep an eye on lldp and let us know if it happens again. Also the best way to troubleshoot your issue is to add a syslog server to monitor the behavior of your IP Phones.

3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi computatech,

One of my customers use a Snom 760 (8.9.3.57) handset without issues.
    3CX v15 SP5 is running on Debian.
    May I suggest to reset the Snom to factory default, then provisioning it and test again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. computatech

ok i know whats causing the reboots,I am using a cisco 3560 POE switch which had LLDP enabled but the phones and PC in the same VLAN causes the phones to go into never ending reboot loop which only occurs with firmware 8.9.3.57

1. if LLDP is disabled, phones and PC's in same vlan works fine, phone doesn't reboot.

2. if LLDP is enabled, with VLAN's. PC's into VLAN 10, and phones into VLAN 20 also works fine no reboots.

5. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thanks for update this post :)
    Now, you have three options. First is to disable the LLDP and all will working properly without any rebooting, second is to enable the LLDP and then you can contact to your phone manufacturer for further help on configuring or to make sure that your phones firmware works properly with LLDP protocol and third you can separate your network with two vlans (voice and data) and then enable the LLDP protocol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.