Snom 821 Setup Problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tahir, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahir

Hi,

I acquired a second hand Snom 821 to use with our 3CX install, however after resetting the phone as per the instructions and then going into maintenance option to enable the HTTP and set a username and password the phone still keeps saying HTTP password not set and as a result when I browse to the phone IP I am unable to view any of the settings to get it correctly provisioned.

Can anyone assist?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I seem to recall having heard of some snom phones being vendor locked so that they cannot be used for other purposes. I think I once heard in one such case that the password was hard-coded to be the last 6 digits of the MAC Address of the phone.

Anyhow, I think the Snom Support team should be able to help you out with this one so I think its worth coming in contact with them.

Just to cover this though just in case, to reset this snom phone to factory default you must keep the # key pressed while it is booting, the select 2 for clear its config.

3. Tahir

Thanks Nick,

It completed the factory restore, I didn't know about holding the # to clear the settings, this must be why the password was still in place from the previous provisioning from the 3CX PBX as that password still worked. I will try to remember the # in the future.

Thanks for the assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.