[Snom 870] Can't call in CTI mode

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aspage, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aspage

Hello all,

I have a 3CX 14 PBX fully updated, a SNOM 870 with newest firmware and a new Windows 10 computer. When I use the 3CX softphone in CTI mode, it recognizes my phone. When I reboot, it tells me that no phone is connected, so it seems the connection is there.

I can see the number when I receive a call on both the softphone and the SNOM 870. However, I can not use the softphone to start a call. The callbutton simply doesn't respond.

I've tried searching on Google, read the manuals (from both the SNOM and 3CX), but I can't find out what I'm doing wrong. I used to have a SPA from Cisco and it worked pretty well there, actually.

Can anybody point me into the right direction?

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

1. Is the phone running 3CX supported firmware? (has not to be the latest version from Snom site)
    2. Is the phone provisioned by 3CX? (not manually setup)
    3. Are you using the 3CX default (not modified) template to provisioning the phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aspage

1. Yes, I'm using the latest firmware. The wording on the 3CX site tells me that it should be at least a specific version. That version is no longer available. Only a slightly older version with minor bugfixes.
    2. Yes, I took my time to learn the process and provisioned it according to how-to of 3CX itself
    3. Yes, no custom changes made

Edit: Forgot to mention that I actually updated the firware BECAUSE it didn't work 'out of the box' (although it was a second hand phone, hehe)

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Did you re-provision the 3CXphone with a new welcome mail AFTER the Snom was provisioned?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. aspage

Yes I did. Multiple times. Did not help :(

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Did you factory reset the phone after the firmware change and/or before provisioning?

Please check on the phone Setup > Advanced > QoS/Security if “Allow CSTA control” is “ON”

7. aspage

That did it! Thank you!

I just reprovisioned the phone with the same template (basic template, no mods) and it seems to work now! Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.