Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

snom (and other phone) and presence**DISCUSSION

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by matictec, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matictec

matictec New Member

The new snom phones (8XX series) the blf buttons have three colors: green, orange, red to signal presence

with 3cx it is possible to monitor ringing and on a call. but it would be very good if a extension that is available is green and a extension that is away or out of office is orange. if a extension is offline the led should be off. some of my customers miss this function.

at least status away or out of office should be visible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Re: snom (and other phone) and presence

+1. That would be great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: snom (and other phone) and presence

Interesting - this is taking profiles to a completely new level.

However I do not think that there is a standard that can do such things. It will involve too much load on the server if we had to do it. Also we have to think global. Many of the other phones we support, have lamps with only 2 states either blinking or steady light, red and blinking red, red and orange, digital displays, and off being unsubscribed or speeddial.

Too complex - But I completely agree with such a need - only using the correct technology. This is why we have the 3CX MyPhone. Why do you need the phone to tell you the status of someone else unless destination is either ringing or busy?

4. accesstech

Hello

I am re-opening a 5 year old post.
    Major manufacturers have IP phone models with multicolored BLFs.
    Lync and others can Support presence states by color.
    Would it be time to re-think the situation at 3CX?

Thanks for giving your perspective again.

Regards

Urs Hiltebrand

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I like the idea of supporting multi colored LED's. Mr Borg asked about the use of 3cx Phone for Windows. Most of my users do not like having one more window open on their desktop. I have about a 5% adoption rate.

6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

7. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

+1

Yes, Windows Phone is wonderful, but it's not appropriate or desired by everyone. The function exists in newer IP phones. Lets find a way to make it work and leverage the availability of the feature.

Dealing with complexity is why we all have jobs, products and services.

Is the OP going to post the idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.