Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Snom C520 conference phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Gerard Kranendonk, Jan 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerard Kranendonk

Hi,

I have manualy registrered a Snom C520 conference phone to our 3CX pbx.
    I had to do this manualy while the phone is not supported yet from 3CX.
    The registration is ok but I am facing the following problem;
    The phone starts ringing from time to time with no reason so it seems like.
    Now it looks like the ringing starts when the phone is registering or reregistering with the pbx.
    Any one know how we can solve this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    nitrox likes this.
  2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Check the caller-ID that is incoming. It could be ghost calls or a potential hack attempt. I do not see online an equivalent for snom but Yealink have covered this in the below:
    http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=268

3. Gerard Kranendonk

I don't think it has to do with ghost calls. The caller-ID incomming is unknown and I have enabled Anonymous Call Reject in the C520. As I mentioned before the phone starts ringing at registration and reregistration

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Daniel Tschirren

I have the same issue with C520 and 3CX 15.5.6354.2

5. Kyle A

I experienced similar issues when provisioning the phone, I would receive calls that would show from its own extension but the phone worked fine. The issue eventually stopped happening itself after I removed the device from the 3CX phones page, the device is still registered fine and works without issue.

Hoping we get supported firmware and settings from 3CX soon.

6. Angelo Quaglia

Same thing happening here, too.
    Thank you Kyle, I will try your suggestion.

It is also happening to me that calls are dropped after around 10 minutes as it has been reported in another post. This is the most urgent problem, I think.

The C520 is a great conference phone at a reasonable price and the detachable mikes are useful.

I really hope it will be fully supported soon.

7. Kyle A

Hi Angelo,

There is a setting within the phone that may drop calls after a certain amount of time, I disabled it and have had calls on the phones surpassing 30+ minutes with no issues. I don't have the phone connected at the moment so I can't tell you exactly what the setting is but it is in the UI.

8. Angelo Quaglia

Hi Kyle,
    many thanks,
    The only thing I see is "Session Timer" and it is disabled.
    If you happen to come across the name of the option you used, please le me know.
    Cheers,
    Angelo

9. Gerard Kranendonk

I believe the ringing problem happened only when the phone is registering or re-registering at the 3CX PBX.
    After a successfull register (Status 200 OK) the 3CX PBX is sending a Notify with contact <SIP:999@3CXPBX IP address. This is the voicemail extenstion), and then it is sending an INVITE to the Conference Phone. The SNOM is then responding with 100 Trying, 200 OK and 180 Ringing

10. Gerard Kranendonk

As Kyle reported the ringing problem seems to be stopping when the Snom is removed from the phone's page (the bold item when a new phone is detected by the PBX). In the phone page of our PBX the phone is identified as an UNPROVISIONED phone from vendor snom, model C520 1.40.25-0-ENG without a Fw. Version.
    Now the conference phone works fine.

11. Angelo Quaglia

Support for the Snom C520-WiMi would be much appreciated.

12. nitrox

i have the same problems of the others.
    +1 "Support for the Snom C520-WiMi would be much appreciated."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.