snom M9 and 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hello

i have a problem with the registration of me snom M9 in me house to connect in me office IPBX 3cx

thats me configuration

snom M9 ---> home router <--- internet VPN ---> office router ---> ipbx 3cx

after x hours or minutes , the snom unregistred from the ipbx or if a have a problem on me internet connection i have the same problem, the problem is the snom cannot automatic registration on the ipbx

error code:

Identité 1 3 408 Request Timeout (15 s)
    Identité 2 2 408 Request Timeout (15 s)
    Identité 3 4 408 Request Timeout (15 s)
    Identité 4 - (35 s)
    Identité 5 - (35 s)
    Identité 6 - (35 s)
    Identité 7 - (35 s)
    Identité 8 - (35 s)
    Identité 9 - (35 s)

the only solution i have find is reboot in the webinterface or disconnet the power and replug the power supply

i dont where is the problem to have a automatic registration ?

can you help me

thanks

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

The obvious question is if you take your M9 to the office, does it log in? I expect it does - no problem. What you need is either a VPN back to the office using something like a Draytek router, or to run the 3CX tunnel/proxy on a computer that is normally left switched on. Go to support->downloads look for 3CX sip proxy manager and download it. Then follow the instructions. An alternative method is to obtain two Draytek 2830 routers - one for home and one for office and configure them so that you have a VPN.

A remaining possibility is to set up the M9 as an external extension. The issue that I would have with this is that the M9 is not currently supported by 3CX. If you follow the instructions for configuring an external extension you may get it to work.

Kind regards
    Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

I forgot to mention that if yo use the tunnel proxy manager, you must forward at your office router the tcp port 5090 to the 3cx machine.

Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.