SNOM M9 connection to remote 3CX PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gommasch, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gommasch

Is it not possible to connect from a SNOM M9 at home to a 3CX PBX in a remote office ? I am unsure what information to add where in the M9 configuration.

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Theoretically speaking ( as I have never touched this device, and as far as 3CX goes it is not supported), if you had to set it correctly, and enable stun and enter the external IP of the PBX, it should work. If you are having issues try using the SIP proxy. manager.

Thanks,
    Mark Flores Martin
    3CX support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As long as a SIP device has the ability to be set to use STUN, then in theory it will work at a remote location. If the router that 3CX is working on isn't using a fixed IP then you (your router) should be using a DynDNS service so that you have a fixed address for the remote set to contact 3CX.

4. atifdarr

Hi

RE: Connecting Snom M9 from a remote Location

I am trying to achieve the same setup.
    Right now I don't want to setup a dedicated PC for the sip tunnel proxy manager.

Is there any advice you can give me?

I have registered my 3cx installation successfully with my voip provider; Gradwell.

I have opened all the ports I am aware of including 5090 for remote tunnel on both machines, In fact I have opened quite a few on both the office server and remote location, both in and and out.

Problem is I cannot get the Remote handset to register with 3cx, although all the settings look right.

I am guessing its a port issue?

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Atif

5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

This issue may be easer and quicker to be looked at via a Remote Session.

could you provide us with the 3CX logs at time of remote registration so we can see whats going on etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. atifdarr

Hi

Here is the log:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10492215/3cxlog.txt

But it seems to be from only a certain time period.

Does the log reset itself if I stop the 3cx service??

Thanks
    Atif

7. atifdarr

Hi

I tried a few different scenarios today

Here you will see that I successfully registered an eyebeam software client, but prior to that I was still unable to register the remote client - Snom m9 with the same settings
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10492215/3cxlog-2.txt

I think I have opened up all the required ports, but I still think it is a port setting problem.

Thanks
    Atif

8. atifdarr

Hi

I tried a few different scenarios today

Here you will see that I successfully registered an eyebeam software client, but prior to that I was still unable to register the remote client - Snom m9 with the same settings
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10492215/3cxlog-2.txt

I think I have opened up all the required ports, but I still think it is a port setting problem.

Thanks
    Atif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.