Snom PA1 not auto provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

On a new install of v14, I couldn't for the life of me get a Snom PA1 to show up in the "Phones" node, nor to autoprovision. The Snom has the firmware indicated in the 3CX template.

It picks up an IP address just fine - but there is nothing in the 3CX logging that says it's even attempting to connect. I reset it to default several times, tried putting the provisioning link (both http and https) into it's GUI, etc. etc. I don't know what I'm missing.

I provisioned it manually, and it registered and is working properly.

The expected behavior - and I know this has worked with previous versions of 3CX - is that it would show up in "phones", I'd assign or create an extension, and provision.

Has anyone run into this, and can give me an idea of why it would fail to give me the easy way?

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

The DNS Server on the device is fine?

When you used the webinterface you supplied the user and password, too?

You have other SMOMs in your network? As far as I remember SNOMs and Yealink provision differently.

3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

The PA1 is a great device but if I said it was bug-free it would be a lie.

Check the settings and make sure plug and play is enabled, some default to not enabled which is why you don't see it in the phones tab.

Personally we provision them using Multicast for paging not SIP paging because it is much smoother than SIP paging (immediate doesn't have to wait for answer). The only time I register it with 3CX as an extension is for overhead ringing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cfive

cfive Member

I never thought to check DNS on the device itself, Frank - I probably wrongly assumed that because all the other devices were fine (DHCP provided and fully functioning DNS) that it would be as well. I'll check. Wouldn't it show up in the "phones" node as "new", even without DNS? That's what stumped me.

Jon, I did check the plug and play radio box, even toggled it and rebooted. But surely I've missed something ;-). I have at least one of these in every 3cx installation, and I think they've always auto provisioned without issue.

Anyhow, now that it's in place I don't imagine I'll revisit it for some time, hopefully ;-).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.