• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Snom Phone Provisioning Template Error/Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

harv

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i tried mailing this to my countries re seller, but didn't get a response, so i thought I'd post it here for everyone.

The problem is that the Snom template has a bug in it after the last update - instead of showing the users name on the handset, the screen constantly scrolls with "3CX Phone System". After some checking, it seems that the idle screen is set correctly, then reset later on in the background logo section.

This is fixed with a small change to the Snom template - you can find this in the hidden folder c:\programdata\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\Phones\ the file is called snom.ph.xml

The lines you are looking to replace (down in the background logo section) are

Code:
<user_idle_text idx="1" perm="">3CX Phone System</user_idle_text>

With

Code:
<user_idle_text idx="1" perm="">%%extension_first_name%% %%extension_last_name%%</user_idle_text>

This appears twice - once for the Snom 320 and once for the Snom 720.

Hopefully someone from 3CX will include this change in a template update, or it will help someone else with the same issue as me.

Cheers.

Harv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.