So, I'm going for it...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by subh, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subh

Hello,

I'm placing an order for SPA-3102 for using it with 3cx-v5. Hopefully, I'll get it within 3-4 days. :)

I've downloaded 3cx-v5. My intention is to only use the Digital Receptionst (a complete IVR system).

Just some queries :

1. Is Digital Receptionist the default pick-up when someone rings in? If not, how to set-up the primary DR extension (say 10001) as default pick-up point?

2. People will record voice messages for different voice mail boxes. So, I guess, I would need to create an extension (like, 20001) for each such mail-boxes and forward all calls to voice mail. Do I need to have a SIP account set for that? I will put separate password for separate extensions (like: id:20001, pass:12000)? There won't be any human attendant in our system, it'd be used completely as an IVR application.

3. How can I set-up the DR, so that if one wants to retrieve his voice messages by dialing our PSTN line, he's prompted for the extension number followed by the password. If it matches, the system will playback the voice mail.

4. I guess that * and # have got default values, like, go to previous menu or replay the message or confirm. Can it be configured differently?

I'm asking too many questions, I know. But, let me set-up 3cx as an advanced IP-IVR system, I promise that I will post a detailed guide/tutorial here. :)

TIN

2. Mori

Mori New Member

Hi, and welcome to the community. :wink:

At this point i really recommend you to read this
    http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual5.pdf

If further questions you know where we are. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. subh

Hello Mori,

Thanks for your reply.

I now understand that the caller can directly dial an extension number and it'll go to the extension. In my above example, it goes to extn. 20001, which going to record voice mail.

Now, how the user of extension 20001 can retrieve voice mails recorded for his extension dialing his PIN?

TIN

4. Mori

Mori New Member

If you see in General Settings in webconsole under Voicemail and FAX Delivery Settings, you can set a special menu ext.number.
    This is for use with vm.
    Call this number, and follow announced messages.
    The info you need is the one you set during add ext. under VM Config.
    Here you can enable/disable VM for ect. and provide how PBX should handle this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. subh

Yes, Got It, Mori :D

Will post back, once I set-up everything.

Thanks a billion. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.