Soft Client OK- Hard client with Snom 320 KO

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sycomites, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sycomites

Hi there,

I have successfully setup the tunnel on my laptop for a remote extension using the 3CX soft client through to the Head office 3CX system.
    I can place calls and everything works fine.

I have an issue when I try to connect a Snom 320 phone with the 3CX soft client. I have followed the manual on 3CX web site and configure all the parameters stated but the Snom phone will not register with 3CX Phone System.

The parameters are OK for the tunnel with the 3CX soft client as this works fine.

Has anyone successfully configured a Snom phone through the 3CX soft client when tunneling?

I am hoping I can get this to work as this is a great way to setup a Remote Telworker from their home with a phone.

Thanks
    Axel

2. commplete

I have the same issue, but I am using the Grandstream GXP2000 phone which is given as the example phone in the manual.

see https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/ - new link

My settings seem to be correct for the tunnel as 3CX soft client works fine with a headset set.

The PC running the 3CX soft cient has an ip address of 10.0.0.4 and the Grandstream GXP2000 10.0.0.5. I have set the Grandstream Outbound proxy to 10.0.0.4 as stated in the manual, but no joy.

Has anybody got this configuration to work ?

Thanks

#2 commplete, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  3. darrellchapman

Just out of curiosity, are either of you running firewalls on those proxy machines? If so, try turning them both off to see what happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. commplete

Hello Darrell

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, the proxy pc was running the standard XP firewall.

Disabling the firewall does not solve the problem and the Grandstream phone still reports as 'Not Registered' and cannot make/receive calls.

Thanks
    Huw

5. sycomites

Hi,

Thanks for this but my proxy machine is not running Windows Firewall either.

Any suggestion from 3CX?

Cheers
    Axel

6. darrellchapman

When I get a chance I'll try to setup my own desk phone and workstation on a different network and attempt to proxy through the client.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. garethb_83

Post may be a little old but I'll contribute anyway.

Just got this working today after playing with it for half hour.
    I tested it with the new 3CX softphone as of 05/06/009 via the tunnal and everything works.

After figuring out the new 3cx phone client hasn't got the tunneling proxy built in, only a tunnelling client, I downloaded the 3cx SIP proxy install files from 3cx.

I configured the snom 320 with local IP: 192.168.50.20
    registra as the internal IP of the 3cx server 192.168.99.100
    outbound proxy as my workstation running the new SIP tunnel software. 192.168.50.22

Registered first time.
    I tried to make a call but only had one way audio. From my mobile to Extension (Using VoIP gateway for incoming call)
    It seemed that the snom was receiving audio but not transmitting. To see if this was a constant issue, i made several calls resulting in the same audio loss of no transmission from snom 320.

I tried PBX delivers audio but this didn't help.
    The last thing I changed was to enable the option Symmetrical RTP (S/RTP) in the snoms config screen and BAM! works everytime without issue.

Maybe this is old news but just in case anyone is having issues...

Regards

8. Thor2008

i have same problem with a GXP2000

are there also in this ip Phone a parameter that i can set for use this phone as remote ?

Thanks Alberto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.