Soft migration. CUCM with sip trunk to 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris.NG, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris.NG

Hi all,

We are looking on having 3cx later on on the line but for now we would like to check if CUCM can be integrated with 3cx . We are thinking of creating sip trunk to 3CX IP PBX. I was wondering if there is a need for 3cx to be set up in any way for that to work ?

2. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Yes work with CUCM

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you haven't done so already...have a read through this.

bridging-3cx-with-an-asterisk-pbx-44726.html

Other than the specific asterisk options, the remaining settings can be used to bridge to just about any SIP trunk based PBX. There may be some "tweaking" required for routing and displayed numbers.

4. Chris.NG

What i have done so far is to set up CUCM in this way :

1 On the CUCM Administration console, click Device, and then click Trunk
    2. Click Add New, and then on the Trunk Type list, select SIP Trunk. Select SIP as the Device Protocol, and then click Next
    3. Specify the Device Name ( Trunk_to_3CX), the Calling Search Space ( xxx), the Rerouting Calling Search Space (xxx), the Destination Address to match the 3CX Server gateway listening IP address (172.xx.xx.xx), and Destination Port ( 5060), Device pool ( xxx.)

And than :
    Set Up Route Pattern: CUCM to 3CX Server
    1. From the CUCM Administration console, click Call Routing, click Route/Hunt, and then click Route Pattern.
    2. Click Add New, and then configure the route pattern.
    Route Pattern ( 195.xx ), Route Partition ( xx ), Gateway/Route List ( Trunk_to_3cx), Call Classification ( OffNet )

Do i need to create a bridge for it ? all i want is to have 2 extra extensions on 3cx that work using SIP trunk from CUCM ...
    Thank for all the help people !!!

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It all depend on what you want to do. Yes, you should be able to set the CUCM to register to an extension you have created on 3CX, just as you would have it register to a provider. That would allow calls to be passed to 3CX. The drawback (limitation) is that all received calls (in 3CX) would appear to come from that one extension. In the reverse, if that extension were called, then the destination would be determined solely buy fixed routing in the CUCM, not by dialled digits at the 3CX end.

If that suits your need, then so be it. A bridge trunk offers much more flexibility, and traffic, but, may be over-kill in your situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.