Soft Phone no audio

Discussion in 'Windows' started by KenThompson, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenThompson

Hello folks,

I am a complete 3CX noob, and have just setup the 3CX server on a Windows XP box. The installation failed in the sense that extensions added at the time of running the setup did not exist. I manually added them later. I added 3 softphone extensions 100, 101 and 102. They all show up in the status as registered. I can call the others from 100 and they ring. However when they answer there is no audio. I'm almost completely the sound and mic is okay on the calling system since I use them for other programs without a problem. I can usually connect to them but they hear nothing. Also the voicemail will not operate when the receiving phone doesn't answer of I force to voicemail. The log has an error like this:

19:25:03.702 [CM505001]:Ext 100: Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] User Agent: [3CXVoipPhone 3.1.6288.0] Transport: [sip: 192.168.1.103:5060]

The IP mentioned at the end is the server IP, not the client. I've fumbled through the setup on the phones, web administration and I don't see what is wrong. I hope it's painfully obvious in the error to you guys, the pros.

Thanks...

2. KenThompson

Update: I reloaded 3CX on a freshly patched XP machine, with the firewall disabled. The installation went smoother and extensions created during setup existed when installation was completed. Remapped softphones to new server and voice is operating now. I have purchased a linksys SPA3102 gateway and a linksys SPA922 phone to complete my testing, once they arrive. Only question I have now is, will the softphone notify you in someway that you have voicemail waiting? That is all. Thanks...

Ken

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Ken

3CX Voip Phone and the3CX Voip Client - both shows a small envelope onto display when voicemail(s) are waiting. On 3CX Voip Phone, starting with 3.0.6061 version, if you click that envelope (no matter highlighted or not) it will automatically dial DR (common 999)
    Xlite displays a red phone, if I remember, when voicemail(s) are waiting.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KenThompson

Thanks Vali,

Any idea why this envelope is not lighting up? It is there but never seems to change on the 3 clients I've tested it on. To just dial 999# they can get their mail, it just doesn't alert the softphone that they have voicemail waiting.

Ken

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Ken

Please check this reply I've posted yesterday
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/voicemail-checking-from-3cx-client-9477.html#p48883

Definitely, if the phone's envelope (or xlite's red phone indicator) is not on, there is not a phone issue, but one in voicemail notification "chain", and we will have to check.

Thanks and regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.