Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Softkeys not registering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mathias1xxX, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathias1xxX

on my system there is an option if they call you can select

1 office
    2 support
    3 accounting

when people call with a normal phone they can select everything when they call with a smartphone they can't select annything

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about callers reaching your digital receptionist (IVR), and not being able to input their selection when calling from mobiles?
    If so, what type of trunking are you using? If it is a PSTN gateway, then there may be a volume level issue. Generally mobile phones (and most newer electronic sets) will only send a short DTMF burst no matter how long the button is held, unlike older analogue sets.

3. mathias1xxX

yeah at the IVR and if its PSTN that the what could be the solution ? i'm kinda new to this :p i'm going to check it tomorrow

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It can depend on the type of trunks you are using. Ideally, the DTMF tone is converted to a SIP message. If 3CX is relying on Audio DTMF, then there are a number of factors that can come into play, including the types of Codecs being used. DTMF does not pass properly when using many low bit-rate Codecs. The fact that some phones are able to be directed correctly, suggests that some tones do get through. You will have to provide more information on the type of trunking.

Do you just use one provider, one trunk group?

Did this issue just begin?

#4 leejor, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  5. mathias1xxX

its a new setup with 1 sip trunk of the belgium provider telenet the problem occured from the beginning

if i call with an older iphone 4s it works correctly
    if i call with my new S8+ it doesen't register the inputs

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From both phones call an extension on the PBX (not the IVR), press the buttons, how does the sound of the DTMF, from both phones compare? Is there DTMF from the S8+ ?

7. mathias1xxX

there is DTMF on the IVR from my S8+ but he doesen't register it he just keeps saying the menu and than repetes, i'm going to try a direct call tomorrow thanks in advantage.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

#8 leejor, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.