Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

softphone + android app with g729 ??

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by clonick, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clonick

Hi to all againnnnn

I'm making my best effor to found a windows softphone with a g729 codec (i know than it will be a paid version) but the point is than must work with 3cx pbx

also for android app the 3cx soft not have the posibility to use g729 and at now, I was tested the acrobits and bria apps were are able to use g729 in their preium versions, but at moment I was not able to registering correctly, so i don't know if the app is not compatible with pbx or what.

so, if any have info about windows softphone (for pc) or an android app than work with 3cx using the g729, please publish the answer!!!

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you are planning the use of this with a paid version of 3CX as g729 is only included with those versions.
    The use of g729 usually requires the payment of royalties as a part of a licence agreement, it is not a "free" Codec, which may explain why any VoIP device using it is more difficult to find.

3. clonick

humm, interesting, i will value for know if it is really great for my needs...

but for someone, finally I was succesfull with acrobits in android, so the price than you pay for the codec with acrobits is 9.99 usd and it can be configured with the pbx =)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.