SoftPhone Attended Transfer Error

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Jared, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jared

This issue is not consistent-- it occurs maybe a few times per day. Currently, it seems relegated to a single user, but I'm not certain that is the case.

When making an attended transfer, the user follows the instructions detailed by 3CX here: http://www.3cx.com/user-manual/transfer/

However, after connecting with the recipient who will receive the call, when the user presses the transfer button for the final connection the softphone asks for another number instead of combining the two calls. I've verified that this is not a slip of the finger-- he is pressing the correct buttons. I've also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the soft phone in an attempt to eliminate bugs. I understand that there may be some preference files and other such files that do not get removed during uninstall (his login information is still present when the program is reinstalled).

Because the issue happens only occasionally, it does not appear to be a settings issue. This user is using the latest version of Windows 7. Our 3CX system is up to date as well. Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks!

Has anyone experienced this before?

2. Jared

I'm currently hunting down another Attended Transfer error and I wanted to update this post with some of my findings:

When making an attended transfer, having already contacted the second party that will receive the transfer, if the user goes back to the original call on line one (or to any other line), the attended transfer will fail. The user will need to end the call on line 2, and start the attended transfer process over again by pressing the Attended Transfer button.

When making an attended transfer, if the user fails to contact the second party (the rule is set so that the call disconnects if it rings out), then the attended transfer will fail. Although the user is presented with a dialer and presumes to be able to dial a new number to make a second attempt, the user will actually need to go back to the original line and start the attended transfer process over again by pressing the Attended Transfer button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.