Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Softphone - audio dim/mute on call

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ian.watts, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Been a while since I have RTFM.. but is there some setting/feature I'm just 'missing' in order for the softphone to mute/dim audio by the rest of Windows when I'm on a call?

I am using softphone almost exclusively these days both at the office and home office.. would be nice to have occurring audio fall off to the background or mute out while on a call.

Is there something with Windows I can adjust for this? Perhaps some TAPI and 'default communications device' interplay? Seems to bet yet another missing feature otherwise.. and particularly aggravating if I have a video or other audio source playing when a call comes in.

Let's just say.. other apps do this. Does this one? RTFM? ;)

2. wired1

I would have to agree with this request. I have looked around in reg and other locations to try and find this setting as I have softphones all over the place. Many users either listen to music but when they take a call they have to pause manually before taking the call. Would be nice to be able to take the call with the shortcut key and have the music dim. I would like to see this added too if it doesn't exist already.

3. rdi85

hi, Im' new to using the softphone, this feature would be great to mute other audio when a call comes in and is in progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.