Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Softphone conflict?!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mwo, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwo

mwo

I apologize beforehand if I'm not abiding by the forum rules, using the wrong category or for simply asking a stupid question.

I'm new to the whole SIP system and I've only started to understand everything about it. Right now I'm trying to get my SIP account working on my computer through the use of software (softphone?!). I have tried numerous software and they (almost) all successfully register (I'm using mydivert.com) but none of them 3cx included is able to complete a call. When I call my voicemail I can hear the dial tone and the first few seconds but then the application freezes.

I suspect it has something to do with other software running on the system (windows 7) since it also disables the sound on other programs for a small time. Are there any known incompatibility issues that I should know about or any programs that should not run at the same time?!

Thanks in advance.

2. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

It's not Windows 7 that's for sure, I run 15 systems with it. It might a firewall or antivirus doing it.

3. mwo

mwo

you're right. Turned out be the audio driver which disrupted any VOIP software (including skype) to work. Updated it and now all is well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.