Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Softphone Line Buttons

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sean Glasspool, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Glasspool

Hello!

Appreciate the help so far with 3CX. As we get more and more customers, the special requests start to flow! :)

I am certain this gets asked often, however, are we able to "program" any of the Line keys on the softphone?

This follows on from my Desk phone to Soft phone hand off thread. The only way I can see getting this to work is using the Park rooms. *0x and *1x etc.

In general customers are lazy and only want to hit one or two buttons to perform a feature today.

Transferring to a * code and back again is far too complex for some people and while I spent 10 years on the IP Office and many many features are available via star codes, I think gone are those days..............

Thanks in advance!

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

The softphone has blf keys that can be programmed, you could try that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Sean,

If I have understood your requirement correctly this absolutely possible.

Simply create a "custom speed dial" in the BLF page which contains the star code. I do this all the time with *20* (call pickup).

NOTE: if you want these buttons across the board then you don't have to configure each extension separately. If in the extensions page you hold down the ctrl key while clicking - you can select multiple extensions.

4. Sean Glasspool

Hi There,

Sorry - I neglected to mention mobile softphone!

5. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.