Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SoftPhone on Netbook in UK and oversease

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Derek66, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek66

Am in Australia - We use 3cx Softphone on a notebook which works well when it is connected to our home/0ffice network. My wife is about to travel overseas, Singapore/Dubai/UK/Greece.

We expect that she will need to use her Android Smart Phone as a wireless Hotspot and want to know what would be the best Mobile Phone Provider to puchase a sim card so that we can get it all set up before she leaves
    What settings do we need to change - we previously tried to use 3cx whilst in UK and had no success with a 3 Card, but were able to use skype with that

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Here is a link to a site that deals with this sort of thing.
    http://prepaidwithdata.wikia.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data
    Since your wife will be in a number of countries, you may want to look into a single SIM that can more used in more than one country. the initial cost is usually a bit more, but you may save overall depending on how long you require it in each country.
    I'm not sure if this is the case outside the US, but many US carriers "forbid" using the phone as a hotspot ( Wifi tethering), and go so far as disabling that function on the handsets that they supply. Something to ask.

Many places have WiFi hotspots available, which might be a lot more convenient and much less expensive. I would suggest, setting up, and testing (if you have not yet done so) the 3CX tunnel feature. I have found that it has allowed the 3CX phone to operate, when, without it, it was not able to register.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.