Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Softphone running extremely slow

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CBUTLER, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBUTLER

Has anybody noticed the performance of the new softphone much slower than v14 on Windows 10 Pro?

When first opening the application, it takes about 5 seconds for everything to load (presence, call history, etc.). In addition, it takes another 5-20 seconds for the chat button to be clickable.

When an incoming chat pops open, you see the chat window popup up, but it is empty, frozen, and cannot be moved, then about 3-5 seconds later it loads the conversation and the window is workable.

Some users reported that the incoming chats are not popping up, even though the setting for "Automatically open what window on incoming chat" is selected. I've witnessed this myself, in which the chat icon at the bottom of the app is highlighted because new messages are received, but no chat window opens.

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

"Has anybody noticed the performance of the new softphone much slower than v14 on Windows 10 Pro?"
    How do you realize this?

"When first opening the application, it takes about 5 seconds for everything to load (presence, call history, etc.). In addition, it takes another 5-20 seconds for the chat button to be clickable. "
    Do you have alot of clients trying to access the server at the same time when you see this?
    Also 5-20 seconds Chat Icon being shown this is by design and made for various reasons.

"When an incoming chat pops open, you see the chat window popup up, but it is empty, frozen, and cannot be moved, then about 3-5 seconds later it loads the conversation and the window is workable. "
    This I would like to see please. Could you provide us with some access to see this live. Send me a personal message.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.