Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Softphone: show last name first

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Grootma, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grootma

Hello all,
    We recently installed 3CX, we're using softphones on our PC's to call.
    A collegue asked me if it is possible to show the last names of the contacts in the company phonebook first, instead of the first name. I can't find a setting to do this in the 3CX client, nor in 3CX Phone Manager on our server.
    Is it possible to change this as a personal setting?
    Regards,
    Martijn.

2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Grootma,

Try going to the Management Console >> Contacts >> Options >> Phonebook display
    and change the format to "Last Name, First Name".

upload_2017-10-25_9-58-20.png

3. Grootma

Thanks Panayiotis_3CX,
    But that doesn't work. Display still remains 'First name, Last name' in 3CX softphone. Other than that, I was looking for a local setting. Most users want 'First name, Last name' but 1 or 2 users want it the other way around. I guess they'll just have to live with it.

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

For Presence (ie, extensions) you can change it locally from Switchboard/settings/View Options.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Grootma

Thank you Vali_3CX,
    The problem only applies to the entries of the company address book. Some people want these entries sorted on last name. I've already told them that it's far easier to enter some characters in the search field instead of wading through an entire list, but these are old people, they don't listen :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.