• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Softphone synced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichino

Reaction score
I purchased a VoIP number with my Internet provider. I installed the 3CX softphone on two laptops, I need to when they call, it rings on both and can answer any (to answer one, which is put at rest the other). I have this problem, because it only receives calls the latest softphone in open / login.

Not is if it will be some missing features of 3CX or is that it is not possible to do so, because with the phone that gave me my provider is also the same. I want to know if there is any way that are synchronized.

Thank you.

It sounds as if it isn't a phone issue, it's a provider issue. You are trying to use SIP Forking, allowing two devices to register with the same credentials,with either receiving and/or placing calls.

This has to be supported by your provider
. Some will fully support it, and both phones will ring at the same time on incoming calls. Some will only send calls to the last phone that registered, but, will allow either phone to place calls.

You would have to speak to your provider. They may even be wiling to support it for an additional fee. If you don't ask, the answer is always NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.