• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Softphone to YEAlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

scpx

Reaction score
I'm a newbie on 3CX and needs help to solve this issue:

Calling from YEAlink phone to any extension is possible any time.

Calling from softphone (pc or iphone) to YEAlink phone is possible only after I soft reboot the YEAlink phone. But after a few minutes I cannot call anymore the YEAlink phone from my softphone. My softphone (pc or iphone) displays only service unavailable.

Thanks for your help.

More detail please. 3cx version, any of the extensions remote, if so which ones? IPhone using wi-fi or cellular? Has the firewall checker been run and passed? Copy of log? On the surface sounds like a firewall issue and that maybe keep Alives are needed, but with so little info about your set-up, just a guess.

@ Ineblett thanks.

I have limited info because the system is under evaluation and being hosted outside our LAN and the PBX management is on the supplier server right now.
According to our IT mgr 5060 is open and all UDP traffic allowed.

I'm using 3CX 1.1.5 on iphone as softphone and a YEAlink SIP-T20P for the duration of the trial.

Please note that outgoing/incoming calls from YEAlink phone or any IP phone extension is possible all the time. Only the outgoing calls from softphone to YEAlink phone gets timed out.

thanks in advance.

Sounds like a firewall issue. We need more info. The hosting provider is your first resource on this type of issue, get a Wireshark trace at the Server level. Try and setup bot extensions as PBX delivers audio and see if it cures the issue. If so, your office firewall is the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.