Softphone V15 convert + to 00 as default

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tomas Raska, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomas Raska

Hello,
    is it possible send this settings to softphone as default for every user?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The conversion is done in the PBX using the E.164 settings along with the outbound rules. The phone, softphone or otherwise, sends the digits (prefix) as they see fit (within parameters). The PBX must be set to convert, and use the digits.

3. Tomas Raska

Hmm, then I do not know where I have problem, because when I dial nummer from Microsoft Dynamic with Softphone (CTI -> IP Phone), then in activity log I see nummer without plus and without 00. In softphone I see nummer with plus, on ip phone nummer without plus or 00.
    When I disable or enable E164, then same result.
    I think Softphone send to 3cx nummer without plus.

4. Tomas Raska

I have tested now this E164 processing, and I muss say, it do not work in CTI mode.
    In CTI mode Softphone strip + from number.
    When is Softphone in Phone mode, then is everything OK.

Only work settings "Replace + with 00" in Softphone.
    And again, is it possible enable this settings by default for all user (in CTI mode)?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If what format is the phone number stored (in the directory), with a +?
    Is this scenario, the same?
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/softphone-v15-does-not-convert-to-00.45653/

Back in November 2013, version 12, this fix was introduced to the softphone...

Added option for international Dialing code – User can now configure this to replace + with 00 or 01. This will allow international calls to be processed correctly when 3CXPhone is in CTI Mode.

https://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/3cxphone-build-history/

Did you come across that option?

6. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Behavior of V15.5 is different from v12, v.12.5 or v14. You must activate E.164 processing (enabled by default).

In E.164 processing setting you must define obligatory international dial code like 00 for Europe or 011 for USA. Optionally you can remove it, if dialing the same country, which could mean adding national prefix like 0 in most countries in Europe or 1 in USA.

For dialing numbers starting with '+' sign, which is also the default format for storing in phone-books, etc., you must create an additional outbound rule for numbers starting with digit 1-9 and length typically of 11-32 digits to add prefix 00 or 011.

You can't strip the '+' sign in outbound rules anymore (like in older versions), simply if a number starts with '+' -- it is omitted before outbound rules are processed, so if you try to dial number like +1 123 456 7890 in a soft-phone, the following number 11234567890 has to be processed by outbound rules.

Hope, this solves all issues with using '+'.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #6 sip.bg, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  7. Tomas Raska

I undestand, my question is, if is it possible to enable switch "Replace + with 00" in Softphone remotely from 3cx PBX or by GroupPolicy. Because we have several Terminal Server and lot of User.

8. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

as the + Convert only applies to CTI mode on the 3CXPhone I like to advice you to use the 3CX WebClient and not more the 3CXPhone to do CTI. But to answer you question, no there is no central configuration what the client should do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.