SoftphoneV4 freezes when receiving call on Windows7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by niko.ricour, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niko.ricour

I'm evaluating 3CX, and for the softphone V4, even the latest version freezes on our
    computers with windows 7 when receiving a call.
    I think it is related to firewall issue, because when I connect via a tunnel it works flawlessly!

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Niko

Niko, I need a clarification: when phone is freezing, you are able to move its window (by clicking it then moving mouse)? Also when is freezing, if you right-click its icon in the tray, next to the clock, its menu is displayed?

Also, related to what you suppose: if, without tunnel, the phone freeze, please wait ~20 or 30 seconds and tell me if it "comes back".

Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abundisnet

I also had the same problem with 3CX softphone V4 on windows7, each time I called a extension the softphone freeze and I had to kill the application.
    When you make a call it work fine.
    Also after some 3CX Softphone V4 crashes I unintalled it and installed V3 and this version works very well on Windows7

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Which 3CXPhone version number is shown in the About?
    Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gary2seven

I have a very similair issue - I seem to be able to make calls but can only receive one call. Once call is completed phone stops responding to new calls. 3CX Assistant show incoming call but phone will not answer and have to use Task Manager to end the application.

Phone version is 4.0.9340.0

Gary.

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Gary

I've already asked for one aspect - 3CXPhone (especially the version you have) freezes as you described ONLY when used by assistant, or freeze in the similar way when used standalone? It's very important this aspect, because, technically speaking, the freezing reason might reside in the phone, in assistant, or in the communication link between them.

Thanks
    vali

7. gary2seven

Just tested and problem happens also when 3CXPhone used standalone. Is there any log or anything I could send you? or does the .dmp file help?

Gary.

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Gary
    Please check your PM - thanks.
    Regards
    vali

9. abundisnet

I just tested the version 4.09441.0 and this version worked fine as to call as to receive calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.